Global TV Link Sky Magic Eye Installation Kit With 10m Black Cable & Cable Clips
- Available Now With Free UK Shipping
- Calculated at Checkout
This unit and the supplied cable allows the remote control of a Sky Digi Box, Sky Plus Box or Sky HD box from another room in your home.
Correct operation of a TV link can sometimes be more tricky to setup than expected with most issues being related to the quality of the coaxial connections and the cable used. Using this kit eliminates cable and connection issues as everything is premade for you to assemble yourself.
Let's have a closer look at what you get:
- 1 x Sky Approved Global TV Link Unit
- 1 x 10M Black Coaxial Cable Terminated With High Grade Crimped F Connectors
- 1 x Male Coaxial Adaptor
- 1 x Female Coaxial Adaptor
- 10 x Black 7mm Cable Clips With Masonry Nails
Please note that this kit is designed to work directly with Sky digi boxes that have an RF OUT2 connection. Please read further in the listing for more details. Newer boxes that do not have an RF OUT2 can still be used with this kit but you will need to separately purchase an IO Link.
This kit works due to the clever TV Link feature fitted to all Sky digi boxes. At the rear of the receiver you will find an RFOUT2 connection. If you connect the supplied long male to female coaxial cable to this connection and feed it to another room then you can you can connect the TV Link unit at the remote end of the cable. The TV Link connects in between the aerial plug on the cable and the aerial socket of your TV. You can then use the Sky remote you already have or an additional handset to change channels and fully operate the Sky box. This avoids you having to continually go through to the room where the Sky box is located to change channels or select playback on a Sky Plus box for example.
How does this work?............... The TV Link unit effectively operates as an extended infra red receiver that is already fitted to the front of your digi box. The TV link sends the infra red commands form your Sky remote control back up the coaxial cable. These commands are received and actioned by the digi box. In order for the TV Link to operate it requires power and this is cleverly fed down the coaxial cable from the digi box internal power supply.
Once correctly installed the TV link LED will illuminate indicating the presence of line power. If the LED is not lit then you need to check your installation. It may be that the RF line power is switched off, this is the default setting on new boxes. Please read the following information carefully. It is quite a simple operation to enable the RF line power, please note this procedure is not explained in the owners manual. Proceed as follows.
For Sky standard and Sky Plus boxes:
- Press the SERVICES button
- Select SYSTEM SETUP (option 4)
- Press 0 then 1 then SELECT (installer menu now appears)
- Select RF OUTLETS (option 4)
- Press the down arrow to select RF OUTPUT POWER SUPPLY
- Press the right arrow to switch the option on
- Press the down arrow to select SAVE NEW SETTINGS
- Press select
Please note the TV link will only function when connected to RF OUT2 on
all Sky digi boxes and only with the RF line power enabled.
The above procedure for enabling the RF line power applies to both the standard Sky digi box and to Sky Plus digi boxes. The procedure to enable the RF line power on a Sky HD box is a little different.
Proceed as follows:
- Press the SERVICES button
- Press 0 then 0 then 1 then SELECT
- Press the right arrow 3 times to move the tab along to RF Outets
- Press down arrow twice to move down to RF Outlet Power Supply
- Use the right arrow to toggle the setting on and off. The required setting is on.
- Prees the green button to save the setting
- Press SKY to finish