LG Universal Microwave Turntable Motor D Shaft 6549W2S002Y / SSM-16H / 2B72754Q
- Available Now With Free UK Shipping
- Calculated at Checkout
Universal microwave turntable motor, part number: 2B72754Q
Please note that this motor supersedes the original 6549W2S002Y. This motor is identical in size and specification.
This particular motor is a 220/240V AC synchronous motor specially
designed for use in a microwave and can be
used in many brands of ovens.
This particular motor is an LG sourced
part. The motor may look very similar to what is fitted to your oven and
in general if it looks the same it will probably work. Most turntable
motors have a D shaft as this one has.
Failure of the turntable motor is quite common as a liquid spillage from the cavity can make its way into the motor and cause corrosion internally. If your turntable is not rotating then food can be unevenly cooked. Liquid ingression into the turntable motor can also cause a complete failure of your oven due to the RCD being tripped in your consumer unit each time the cooking cycle starts. If this is happening then remove the connections to the motor and insulate them and then start the cooking cycle again. If the circuit breaker does not trip then you need to replace the turntable motor. This happens as liquid inside the motor can cause an excessive earth leakage current.
On most models there is an access plate underneath the oven to replace the motor. In the factory the access cover is not broken as the cavity is inserted to the lower casing unit with the motor attached. To remove the motor you need to cut away a few pieces of the metal plate and when refitting it turn it 180 degrees and secure with a screw. You can use any self tapper or a spare screw from the outer casing. Some models however do have a screw on the access cover in which case you do not need to cut anything.
When deciding if this motor will fit pay attention to the shaft length. If its too big or small you may have a problem. The shaft on the new motor is nylon so it can be easily cut to size or filed to size. The rotational speed and direction are not relevant for most microwave repairs.
Let's look at the motor specification:
- Motor part number: 2B72754Q
- Equivalent to: 6549W2S002Y
- Motor brand name: SP ELEMECH
- Rated voltage: 220-240V AC 50/60 Hz
- Terminal size: 2 x 4.7mm spade terminals
- Rotation speed: 3 RPM clockwise and counter clockwise - it's random
- Motor part number as shown on the motor: SSM-16H
- Fixing centre distance: 57mm
- Nylon shaft length: 12mm
- Shaft diameter: 6mm
- Shaft shape: D type Flat on one edge to accommodate the turntable coupler
- Shaft flat edge: 9mm flattened area 9mm from top of shaft, refer to pictures
- Motor Casing Diameter: 49mm
- Motor Casing Height: 16.6mm